Tuesday, April 5, 2011



did i choose "Down Syndrome"? There reason why i choosed down syndrome as my topic is because my little sister, Cindy, has down syndrome.Therefore i want to let people know about the hardships my older sister, Estefany, & i have delt with. My sister is a blessing to me, thanks to her ive learn to see the world in another perspective. To them is all love happyness, theres noo ego, no hatred in them. In their mine there is no such word as hate, no negativity. Thats why i dont understand why other peole have the guts to make fun of them, to hurt them, when all they want is LOVE. They dont ask for much but a hug a kiss an `i love you`. The reason why i chosed Down Syndrome as my topic is because the person whom inspires me, whom i love with all my heart, whom i know will give my life for, is My Sister Cindy, who has Down Syndrome.






  • Down Syndrome is a chromosomal condition caused by the precense of all or part of an extra 21 chromosome. Down Syndrome can be identified as early as being only a fetus during pregnancy in a baby at birth, this process is call amniocentesis,its a very risky procedure do to its side effects as fetal injury and or misscarriage.

  • Down Syndrome children face many complications such as,


  • Congenital heart disease


  • Malignancies


  • Infertility


  • Neurology


  • Ophthalmology and otolaryngology



  • Physical features and medical problems with Down syndrome can vary widely from child to child. While some kids with Down Syndrome need a lot of medical attention, others live very healthy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment